Sunday, January 12, 2014

the white in your cheeks is mine
(I put it there)

the white in your cheeks is wine
I will stretch it out
and sew it in
to a dress for me to wear

the white in your cheeks is mine
(I put it there)

the white in your cheeks is wine
I will pluck it out
and tuck it in
as flowers for my hair

the white in your cheeks is mine
(I put it there)

the white in your cheeks is wine
I will pour it out
and drink it in
and pronounce the act a prayer

"Sink your sin!
Cast your care!
Break the bread!
Say you swear!"

Now we're dead.
Now we're fair.
Now we're wed,
I declare.

the white in your cheeks is mine
(I put it there)

the white in your cheeks is wine
I will stretch it out
and sew it in
to a veil for you to tear.




No comments:

Post a Comment